Questions to/from HF
Na co se ptát vy a na co se tak ptá host rodina?
... TO FAMILIES
- What are the children's names, their interests and hobbies?
- What are the children like?
- Where do you live (countryside, village, small town, large city)?
- Have you ever had an au pair before?
- What amount of pocket money would you give?
- How many hours a week will I work (maximum number)?
- Will I be expected to work overtime?
- How often will I be expected to work overtime?
- What would be the childcare arrangements during school holidays?
- What is your neighbourhood like?
- Are there parks and playgrounds around?
- Would you be fine with me spending my free time away from your home?
- Is public transportation available?
- How far is the closest public transportation stop (bus stop, train, tram...)?
- If not available, will I have access to a car?
... FROM FAMILIES
- Why do you want to be an au pair? - Proč chcete být au-pair?
- What is the most challenge when you caring for children? - Co je pro vás nejvíce problém v péči o děti?
- Why do you like children? - Proč máte rádi děti?
- What activities did you do with children? - Jaké aktivity jste dělali/děláte s dětmi?
- How much time did you spend with children alone? - Kolik času jste trávili/trávíte samotní s dětmi?
- What do you expect from the program? - Co očekáváte od programu?
- What do you do in your free time? - Co děláte ve svém volném čase?
- What would you like to do in your free time in the USA/UK? - Co byste chtěli dělat ve svém volném čase v USA/UK?
- What would you like to study in the United States? - Co byste chtěli studovat v USA?
- How should your ideal American/English host family be like? - Jak by měla vypadat vaše ideální americká/anglická rodina?
- Do you have a boyfriend? - Máte přítele?
- What whould you do if children were crying? - Co byste dělali, kdyby děti plakaly?
- Have you ever lived far away from home? - Už jste někdy žila daleko od domova?
ABOUT THE CHILDREN:
1. How many children are there?
2. What are their names?
3. How old are they?
4. What do they like to do?
5. What are they favorite games and toys?
6. Are they in the school? How far is the school?
7. How they go to school, by bus? Am I gonna be supposed to take them to school by car?8. Otázky na děti: Is she/he walking and talking yet?
9. Are they energetic or calm kids?
10. What do they like to do in their free time?
11. What do they usually eat? (for breakfast and lunch)
12. Am I be supposed to make dinner?
13. Is there any kind of food that you don’t eat?
14. Have the kids suffer from any kind of allergies?
ABOUT THE AU PAIR’S DUTIES:
15. Will I be responsible for any household duties? If so, which ones?
16. What will be my responsibilities with each kid?
17. What will my schedule be like?
18. When I’ll have free time?
19. Will I have access to internet and computer?
20. Can I receive and make phone calls in your house?
21. Will I have time to study? What time? Can I study when the children are in the school?22. Are there any English Schools near your house?
23. What time can I get home during the week and on the weekends?
ABOUT THE CAR:
24. Will I have permission to use the car? How often? How far?
25. Is a state driver’s license required?
26. Are there only certain times when I can use the car?
27. Can I use the car in my free time?
28. Will I have to pay for the gas when I use the car?
ABOUT THE PARENTS:
29. What is your names? How old are you?
30. Do they both parents work?
31. Where do you work and what do you do?
33. Do you have any religion?
34. Why are you interested in getting an au Pair?
35. Have you ever had an au pair before? Is she living with you yet?
36. Would you mind if I ask you to talk to her or send her an e-mail?
37. What are your hobbies?
38. Do family members or relatives live nearby?
39. What qualities do you find important in an au Pair? What are you expecting from me?40. What are the house’s rules?4
1. What are the family activities on the weekends?
ABOUT THEIR HOME:
42. Where do you live? In which state?
43. Is it a small town?
44. Is it near a big city? Which one?
45. Is it too cold in the city? Snow there?
46. Do you live in house or apartment?
47. Do you have pets?
48. Do you have a housekeeper?
49. What about the au pair’s bedroom, what part of the house is the bedroom located?
50. Will I have a private room, bathroom? Will I have TV in my room?
51. Are there other families with children nearby?
52. Are there any other au pairs in the area?
53. What things are there to do with the children?
Otázky pro současnou aupair :
54. What do you think about the family? And the kids?
55. Are they nice with you?
56. Do they pay you weekly or per month?
57. Do you do extra work? I mean, if you work for other people, take care of their kids or clean the garden from neighborhood?
58. Do you do any course? If so, are the courses near from the house?
59. How are the kids and the family in your opinion?
60. Is there any cool near place to go there?
61. What do you most like to do in your free time?
62. What do you think they would like to receive as a gift?